Posted on: 5th October 2014 by Think Promotional
We’ve noticed that power banks are getting a lot of love from people in Australia. They’ve been a hot item on the Think Promotional website, and we can certainly see why this is the case.
What’s a power bank?
To get you up to speed, a ‘power bank’ is a device that charges your smart phone (or iPad or any other kind of tablet or mobile device) on the go. If your battery is running low, all you have to do is connect your phone or mobile device to the power bank and let it charge.
Why we love power banks?
- They’re compact enough to carry in a handbag or briefcase.
- If your phone battery depletes, you don’t need to worry about where and when your next charge will happen.
- Most Aussie’s use their mobile phone for email, social media, entertainment, as a GPS, and (of course) to speak with people. They’re vital pieces of equipment, especially if you need to keep in touch with family, or stay connected during business hours.
- Oh, and did we mention they can be branded with your logo and colours?
Branded power banks
Thinking up unique promotional gift ideas, that haven’t been done over and over again can be a challenge for even the most seasoned marketing pro. Ideally, you want something people will remember and find useful, so the cost of manufacturing is worth it.
This is why branded power banks are becoming an excellent corporate gift idea. Not only are they novel. But the person who receives it is unlikely to throw it away in a hurry. Why? Because they’re useful.
What kind of powerbank should I choose?
The kind of powerbank you choose will depend on what performance you expect, what budget you have and the battery capacity of your phone. Knowing which battery does what is the best place to start.
There are 2 kinds of batteries used in powerbanks
- Lithium ion battery – also known as a 18650-lithium battery, these are cylindrical in shape and tend to be more affordable than their polymer counterparts. This is because they were one of the first powerbank batteries on the market. Powerbanks 001, 002 and 007 use a lithium ion battery.
- Lithium polymer battery – this style of battery is manufactured with aluminium plastic casing. It is lighter in weight than the lithium ion battery and also has better performance and safety features. Because of this, lithium polymer powered powerbanks are a little more expensive. Click here to see one of our most popular lithium polymer powerbanks.
How do I know which battery size is right for me?
When choosing between the two, we recommend picking a powerbank that has, at the very least, the same battery capacity as the device you would like to charge. For example, if your iPhone has a 1440 mAh battery, your powerbank will need a 1440 mAh battery (at a minimum). We recommend heading to the manufacturer’s website to discover the capacity of your phone or device battery. If you’re buying powerbanks as a bulk promotional giveaway, you may prefer to choose one that is compatible with the most popular phone or device of the moment.
For more information about ordering branded powerbanks online, please contact our team